Intranet - The University of Sydney

Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Lest we forget

This week we commemorate the 100th anniversary of Anzac Day with a series of events on campus, including a traditional dawn service in the Quad on Saturday 25 April.

News and initiatives

Apply for 2016 Equity Fellowships

Applications are open for the 2016 Equity Fellowships. The fellowships provide financial support, and relief from teaching and administrative duties for research staff.

Service updates

Recent updates to Yammer

Recent updates to make it easier to log in to Yammer mean that staff may have received an email notification from the system.

Slides from Annual Research Day 2015

Research Day 2015 - Information and links.

Slides developed for SCM Research Development Day, 27 February 2015, covering the following topics: * Overview of SCM research support; * New initiatives for 2015 (including Professional Practice, new requirements for research reporting); * The art of the research statement; * The new publishing landscape (open access, recognising predatory journals, and more); * SCM Higher Degree Research overview (Kathleen Nelson).

Visas and visitors

Every non-Australian visitor requires the appropriate visa for the activities they perform at the Con, whether paid or unpaid. Visitors must consult their Embassy for visa advice, and the University, as employer, must have a copy of every visitor’s visa before any activities commence.  

It is mandatory for all staff to advise Heggy at least one month in advance of intent to engage a visitor. She will then liaise with your visitor and guide them through the process. 

You can download relevant policies and forms from the Learning & Teaching support pages.

Important dates

26 Apr

Perspectives on Artistic Research in Music Symposium

The Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music, Monash University, invites proposals for papers and presentations at Perspectives on Artistic Research in Music, an inter-disciplinary music symposium on Artistic Research in Music.

Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and should be e-mailed by 26 April 2015 to Associate Professor Robert Burke: and must include the following: title, author(s), affiliation(s), email address for contact. Decisions will be communicated to speakers by 1 May 2015.

Please contact Adrienne Sach or Adam Wilson if you wish to include any news items on the staff intranet pages.